The launch of the rink is extra special this year because on the opening Saturday (25 November 2023), the Queen’s House will host a day of festive fun to kick off another successful skating season. Activities will include face painting, crafts, character actors and a live choir performance. Most activities will be provided free of charge, but visitors are encouraged to check the website for further information regarding timings and prices (where applicable) ahead of their visit. The Queen’s House ice rink is surrounded by iconic architecture, with views of Greenwich Park to the south and the glittering lights of Canary Wharf to the north, providing a backdrop of some of the best views in London. The rink is also located within a UNESCO World Heritage Site, making this one of the most picturesque settings to skate. If you just want to soak up the atmosphere as family and friends take to the ice, you can choose from a range of winter warmers (including a delicious luxury hot chocolate) and watch from the side of the rink. Alternately, there is the option to sit within the café area of the festively decorated skate exchange. The rink is located directly in front of the 17th century Queen’s House, designed by Inigo Jones. It was the first Classical building in England and is known for its perfectly proportioned Great Hall, original marble floor and beautiful Tulip staircase. An unforgettable experience to share with friends, family or that special person you want to impress, there is no better location to skate this year. The Queen’s House is part of Royal Museums Greenwich so if you want to make a day of it, there is so much more to see and do – from visiting the award-winning Cutty Sark, to standing on the world-famous Prime Meridian, or you can do some Christmas shopping in the museum shops or at Greenwich Market. With easy transport links, Greenwich is just 8 minutes from London Bridge, or arrive by boat along the River Thames. There is also the added benefit of some parking at the site. The rink is open every day (apart from Christmas Day) from Thursday 23 November 2023 to Sunday 7 January 2024.First skate session starts at 11am and the last skate session starts at 8pm. From 22December onwards, skate sessions start at 10am. Child tickets are £10-£12 and adult tickets are £17-£19 (depending on peak and off-peak sessions). Students from £11.90. The Queen’s House ice rink also offers relaxed sessions for those looking for a quieter skate or a tiny tots session for smaller skaters who are just getting used to the ice.Skate aids are available to hire for children. Helmets can be provided free of charge for adults and children. Must be booked in advance. For more information, FAQs and to buy tickets, visit rmg.co.uk/icerinkQueen’s House, Greenwich, SE10 9NF
To WIN, answer the following question:
Question: In which century was the Queen’s House Built?
The competition closes at midnight on Sunday, 19 November 2023.
Terms & Conditions
- This competition is open to residents of the UK mainland only aged 18 years or over, except employees of TLM Media Ltd, Royal Museums Greenwich, their families, agents or anyone else professionally associated with the competition.
- Details of how to enter form part of the terms and conditions. It is a condition of entry that all rules are accepted as final and that the competitor agrees to abide by these Terms & Conditions. The decision of the judges is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Entries must be submitted via the tlm website (www.tlm-magazine.co.uk) and entry is restricted to one per person. Late, illegible, incomplete or corrupt entries will not be accepted. No responsibility can be accepted for lost entries and proof of transmission will not be accepted as proof of receipt. The winner will be drawn at random from all correct entries received by the closing date. The winner’s name and county can be obtained by sending a stamp addressed envelope to tlm – the travel & leisure magazine, TLM Media Ltd, Robert Denholm House Bletchingley Road Redhill Surrey RH1 4HW .
- All entries must be received by midnight on Sunday, 19 November 2023.
- The winners will be notified within seven days of the closing date of the competition.
- The prize as described is available on the date of publication.
- The prize is to win a pair of tickets to the Queen’s House ice rink.
- This competition prize is offered by Royal Museums Greenwich. TLM Media have no liability for this competition.
- All elements of the prize are non-transferable, non-negotiable and there are no cash alternatives.
- Events may occur that render the competition itself or the awarding of the prize impossible due to reasons beyond the control of the Promoter and accordingly the Promoter may at its absolute discretion vary or amend the promotion and the entrant agrees that no liability shall attach to the Promoter as a result thereof.
- English law applies and the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts shall prevail.
- Promoter: tlm – the travel & leisure magazine, TLM Media Ltd, Robert Denholm House Bletchingley Road Redhill Surrey RH1 4HW .