Boundless fun in Germany’s largest theme park
In Europa-Park, visitors travel through 15 European themed areas in just one day, experiencing traditional architecture and cuisine. At over 100 attractions, holidaymakers of all ages can feel the wind on their faces and simply recharge their batteries. In the 2022 season, there are plenty of new highlights to discover at Germany’s largest theme park, especially in the Austrian themed area.
In Rust, it’s also possible to get out of the southern Baden sun and into a Nordic themed world. Located in the immediate vicinity of Europa-Park, the whole family can look forward to swimming and sliding fun at the Rulantica water world. Young visitors in particular will be excited, as this season there are some new surprises to discover. Those who love travelling can not only experience adventures in Rulantica, they also have the opportunity to immerse themselves in virtual worlds at the virtual reality sensation YULLBE.
The ultimate water fun for the whole family
During a short holiday in the warmest region of Germany, a visit to the Rulantica water world is a must. Since last season, swimming and bathing fans can look forward to the Nordic Outdoor World of Slides. From May to September, ten slides – including a wave slide and a funnel slide – await brave explorers in ‘Svalgurok’. A stay in the water world is also a great experience for families with small children, as right next to ‘Svalgurok’, the littlest of guests can also cool off and have fun during the warm season while their parents relax comfortably on one of the over 1000 loungers in the outdoor area. This year, ‘Snorri Strand’ offers even more water fun, as three new child-friendly slides promise additional action for the little ones at ‘Snorri’s Rutscheplads. At ‘Snorri’s Spelaborg’ a fortress made of crates and all kinds of flotsam will get imaginations flaring. After splashing around, visitors of all ages can enjoy a break from the swimming at ‘Snorri’s Piknikbud’ with delicious sandwiches, fruit cups and refreshing drinks. From spring, it will also be possible to enjoy that holiday feeling at the Nordic sandy beach ‘Dynstrønd’, the new location for summer fun and relaxing sunbathing. Numerous sun loungers, six beach chairs, stylish hanging baskets, a sand playground for children and a beach volleyball court leave absolutely nothing to be desired. From time to time, musical and artistic surprises also await guests on the open-air stage.
A variety of slides can also be found in the indoor area: The ‘Isbrekker’ jump slide first goes down a steep drop, leading into a free fall from a height of 1.30 metres that plunges into the water pool. In the ‘Vinter Rytt’, the steep slide wall rises up almost vertically, and the ‘Svalgur Rytt’ rafting slide features plenty of curves, where up to four people aged 10 and over can slide together in one tyre. At ‘Snorri Snorkling VR’, visitors put on VR diving goggles and embark on a fantastic adventure deep under the sea surface with the lively Sixtopus Snorri. This virtual underwater tour is unique worldwide and was specially developed by MackNeXT and VR Coaster.
Adults can then relax in the exclusive Hyggedal relaxation and sauna area. The wellness oasis has a Nordic ambience and is located above the ‘Lumålunda’ restaurant, offering a fantastic view of the entire water world. On 1,000m², comfortable loungers, three nude wooden saunas and a large outdoor terrace await guests aged 18 and over. Last winter, the new ‘KOTA Sauna Chalet’ also made its appearance. There, guests can enjoy a proper sauna surrounded by rustic tables and seating, as well as a sauna oven, while enjoying a delicious wheat beer – with or without alcohol. Both ‘Snorri Snorkling VR’ and ‘Hyggedal’ are additional offers that can be booked online in addition to the day ticket.
Heavenly nights at the Europa-Park Resort
If your feet are tired from a day of exploring the Resort, the six Europa-Park hotels and the rustic Camp Resort offer ideal relaxation. Whether it’s the lonely fjords in the far north or a dream of Mediterranean nights for you, the park’s own 4* and 4* superior themed hotels enchant guests with their lovingly-designed theming and an excellent authentic cuisine. Generous wellness and spa areas provide the perfect way to round off your stay.
From the summer, guests of Hotel Krønasår can book one of 11 suites, each with a steam bath or sauna. The new 160 m² infinity pool will also ensure a relaxing time together with loved ones. Days at Europa-Park and Rulantica are guaranteed to be a unique short holiday for the whole family.
The health of visitors and employees has always been a top priority for Europa-Park.The entire Resort, consisting of Europa-Park, Rulantica and hotels, offers safe enjoyment and leisure due to an extensive hygiene policy that was developed in close cooperation with the local authorities.
Rulantica is open daily from 10am to 10pm (for guests of Europa-Park hotels open daily from 9am). Due to the limited capacity, an online booking at tickets.rulantica.de is necessary in advance. Infoline: +49 7822/77 66 55. Current information and admission prices at rulantica.com.
Europa-Park will be open again on 19th and 20th March 2022 for the Europa-Park Pre-Opening Weekend from 9am until at least 6pm. From 26th March 2022, the summer season of Germany’s largest theme park begins. Date-specific tickets are available online at tickets.mackinternational.de. Infoline: +49 7822/77 66 88. Further information is also available at europapark.com.
The current admission regulations for Europa-Park and the Rulantica water world can be found at https://www.europapark.de/de/aktuelle-information.
To WIN, answer the following question:
How many European themed areas are situated within the park?
The competition closes at midnight on Sunday, 26 June 2022.
Terms & Conditions
- This competition is open to residents of the UK, Channel Islands, Isle of Man and Republic of Ireland aged 18 years or over, except employees of TLM Media Ltd, Europa-Park Resort, their families, agents or anyone else professionally associated with the competition.
- Details of how to enter form part of the terms and conditions. It is a condition of entry that all rules are accepted as final and that the competitor agrees to abide by these Terms & Conditions. The decision of the judges is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Entries must be submitted via the tlm website (www.tlm-magazine.co.uk) and entry is restricted to one per person. Late, illegible, incomplete or corrupt entries will not be accepted. No responsibility can be accepted for lost entries and proof of transmission will not be accepted as proof of receipt. The winner will be drawn at random from all correct entries received by the closing date. The winner’s name and county can be obtained by sending a stamp addressed envelope to tlm – the travel & leisure magazine, TLM Media Ltd, Robert Denholm House Bletchingley Road Redhill Surrey RH1 4HW .
- All entries must be received by midnight on Sunday, 26 June 2022.
- The winner will be notified within seven days of the closing date of the competition.
- The prize as described is available on the date of publication.
- The prize cannot be redeemed in August and October.
- The prize is a 2 nights stay for 4 people, 2 day Europa-Park and one day in our new water world, Rulantica. The value of the prize is over £1,000.
- This competition prize is offered by Europa-Park Resort,. TLM Media have no liability for this competition.
- All elements of the prize are non-transferable, non-negotiable and there are no cash alternatives.
- The winner may be required to participate in publicity.
- Events may occur that render the competition itself or the awarding of the prize impossible due to reasons beyond the control of the Promoter and accordingly the Promoter may at its absolute discretion vary or amend the promotion and the entrant agrees that no liability shall attach to the Promoter as a result thereof.
- English law applies and the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts shall prevail.
- Promoter: tlm – the travel & leisure magazine, TLM Media Ltd, Robert Denholm House Bletchingley Road Redhill Surrey RH1 4HW .