The Great Southern will return this summer, with the rail journey running for an extended twelve-week season from 2 December 2022 to 23 February 2023, with an exciting new offering, the Southern Wines & Wildlife package.
Travelling from Brisbane to Adelaide, guests on the Great Southern will wind down the coast, pausing for a spectacular beachside dinner in Coffs Harbour, exploration of the Hunter Valley, Port Stephens or Newcastle, and a choice of Melbourne city experiences or time in the Moorabool Valley. Once in Adelaide, guests depart on a journey of discovery through South Australia’s wine region, enjoying epicurean delights and some mighty fine drops along the way. The package is rounded out with two nights on Kangaroo Island, exploring island life and a diverse array of spectacular natural sites and wildlife, including Admirals Arch and Remarkable Rocks.
Chief Revenue Officer Peter Egglestone said, “We’re excited to announce this new package that showcases the best of South Australia. With Adelaide as our home base, we’re keen to share some of the spectacular sites we have on our doorstep, not to mention the fine wines and superb local produce available here. We’re confident guests who take this journey on the Great Southern will enjoy their time both on board and on arrival in South Australia, as they discover some of the highlights the state has to offer.”
Departing Mondays from Brisbane, the 10-night Southern Wines & Wildlife rail holiday package includes:
- 3 nights aboard the Great Southern, including all meals, beverages and Off Train Experiences in Coffs Harbour, the Hunter Valley region and Greater Melbourne
- Transfer from Adelaide Parklands Terminal to hotel
- 5 nights’ accommodation in Adelaide, including breakfast daily
- 1-day Northern Barossa Valley Voyager tour, including tastings and lunch
- The Iconic Penfolds Experience Tour, including a 3-course lunch with wine pairings
- Flight from Adelaide to Kangaroo Island, including transfers
- 2-night Kangaroo Island Life small group tour, including accommodation, most meals and personalised island touring
- 10 breakfasts, 7 lunches, 5 dinners
Highlights of this tour include:
- Special beachside dining experience in Coffs Harbour
- Stop in the picturesque Hunter Region to savour its flavours and sights
- Visit to cosmopolitan Melbourne or regional Victoria
- Discovery of the Barossa Valley’s rich history
- Cellar door tastings, and a delicious lunch with an accompanying glass of wine
- Visit to the original Grange Cottage at Penfolds and Penfolds’ underground cellars
- An exclusive tasting of a selection of Penfolds’ most coveted wines
- Wildlife experience at Seal Bay Conservation Park
- Stops at Flinders Chase National Park, Admirals Arch and Remarkable Rocks
The Great Southern Wines & Wildlife rail holiday package price starts from $6,760 per person (T&Cs apply).
Journey Beyond is delighted to showcase South Australia and all it has to offer to guests from all over Australia, as well as internationally. Learn more or book your Southern Wines & Wildlife journey here.