Intrepid Travel, has introduced 10 new tours as part of its Intrepid Premium range.
The new tours come a year and a half after Intrepid launched its inaugural Premium collection, a range of tours appealing to discerning travellers that feature hand-picked accommodation, private transport, first class train journeys and an array of signature stays and exclusive experiences.
The addition of 10 new tours, which include six new trips in Europe and four new trips in North and South America, bring the total number of Intrepid Premium trips to 97.
With the introduction of these new itineraries, the Intrepid Premium range will now span 42 countries and five continents. While Africa and Asia have been the two top selling regions for the Premium range so far, the addition of these new trips will help bolster the Premium offering in other key destinations around the world, specifically in Europe. The six new Europe itineraries will mark the first Premium tours in the Baltics, Balkans, and Northern Spain, and bring the total Intrepid Premium offering in Europe to 25 tours.
The launch will also mark the first Intrepid Premium itinerary in the United States with the introduction of Premium Alaska. It is one of 4 tours being launched across the Americas including Premium Costa Rica and Premium Patagonia.
Zina Bencheikh, managing director EMEA for Intrepid said: “The response to the launch of our Premium range has been incredibly positive. There’s a real appetite for the authentic local experiences that Intrepid does so well, but at a higher comfort level. With these new additions to the range, travellers will have even more choice for their next Premium adventure.”
Highlights of the signature stays and experiences on the new tours include:
- Spend 2 unforgettable nights in the Sicilian countryside at your Feature Stay accommodation, Baglio della Luna Foresteria, a countryside estate built within a medieval watch tower.
- Get a taste for Sicily’s finest cuisines with a traditional cooking class in Palermo, a genovesi tasting in Erice and mouth-watering cheese and chocolate tastings.
- Spend three nights in a beautiful and sustainable Feature Stay hotel offering fantastic amenities and first-class views of the surrounding mountains and fjord – your gateway to Torres del Paine National Park.
- Spend the day with penguins on Martillo Island in the Southernmost city in the world.
- Take a private transfer to Fairbanks rail depot where you will board your Deluxe Dome rail car for the scenic journey south to the town of Denali, gateway to Denali National Park.
- Tour the Alaska Wildlife Conservation Center and discover how it preserves Alaska’s wildlife through research and takes in injured animals to rehabilitate them and return them to the wild.
Premium Costa Rica in Depth:
- Learn about the culture of Costa Rica with Premium exclusive experiences: spend time with a local family and learn how to create traditional dishes in their kitchen, and visit Matambu, the only indigenous territory of the Chorotegan people, to learn ancient pottery techniques passed down for generations.
- Enjoy two nights at your Feature Stay – a stunning and sustainable jungle hotel next to the electric-blue Rio Celeste River. Settle into your cosy casita (bungalow), an exclusive retreat just for you, and surround yourself with the sounds of nature.
The 10 new Intrepid Premium tours are:
- Premium Northern Spain, 10 days starting from £3,990pp
- Premium Baltics, 10 days starting from £2,840pp
- Premium Balkans, 9 days starting from £2,385pp
- Premium Belgrade to Bucharest, 11 days starting from £2,775pp
- Premium Turkey, 8 days starting from £2,190pp
- Premium Sicily, 10 days starting from £3,405pp
- Premium Costa Rica, 9 days starting from £2,395pp
- Premium Costa Rica in Depth, 12 days starting from £3,905pp
- Premium Alaska, 10 days starting from £5,745pp
- Premium Patagonia, 9 days starting from £4,780pp
Every Premium itinerary is led by Intrepid’s most experienced leaders and include a feature stay and signature experience that will not be available on any other Intrepid trips.
For more information on Intrepid Premium, visit www.intrepidtravel.com/premium