The Australian Government has announced Australia will reopen to all fully vaccinated visa holders, tourists, business travellers, and other visitors from 21 February. Visa holders who are not fully vaccinated will still require a valid travel exemption to enter Australia, and will be subject to state and territory quarantine requirements
Sally Cope, Tourism Australia Regional General Manager, UK & Northern Europe, said she hoped that British travellers would make the most of the new quarantine-free travel arrangements to experience Australia’s incredible tourism offering.
“Australia’s relative isolation from the rest of the world, coupled with its sparsely populated landscape and natural wonders, have never been more precious and desirable, and we hope that travellers will jump on the opportunity to fall in love with Australia all over again.
“We are really excited to be able to welcome the Brits back so that they can take the opportunity to relax and discover – or perhaps rediscover – some of the lesser-known parts of Australia that make us such a popular holiday destination.”
Tourism Australia will be launching a new tourism campaign to welcome leisure travellers back to Australia in the coming weeks. As part of this campaign, Tourism Australia will be working with a range of key distribution and airline partners to drive booking and drive recovery for Australia’s hard-hit tourism economy by providing tactical offers aimed at stimulating travel to Australia from the UK.
TRAVELLING TO AUSTRALIA
● From 21 February 2022, visa holders who are fully vaccinated with two doses of a Therapeutic Goods Administration (TGA) approved COVID-19 vaccine can travel to Australia quarantine-free, without the need to apply for a travel exemption.
● To be eligible to enter Australia, international travellers must:
○ hold a valid Australian visa.
○ be fully vaccinated with two doses of a COVID-19 vaccine approved by Australia’s Therapeutic Goods Administration (TGA) and provide proof of vaccination status.
○ Present a negative rapid antigen test (RAT) or Polymerase chain reaction (PCR) Covid-19 test taken within 24 hours of departure (unless a medical exemption applies).
● As of 7 February 2022, fully vaccinated visa holders can enter all states and territories quarantine-free from 21 February 2022, except for Western Australia.
● Travellers will need to comply with requirements in the state or territory of their arrival, and any other state or territories that they plan to travel to. Information on entry requirements is updated regularly so it is important to check the latest requirements before travelling. Travellers are also encouraged to check any requirements for stopover destinations that they are transitioning through.
● For requirements for travel into specific states and territories in Australia, visit the Australian Government Department of Home Affairs website | State and Territory Information.